The most delicious cake IÂ´ve ever baked. To be honest, IÂ´m not the best and most passionate baker, but since I started to eat low carb IÂ´ve asked myself – which sweets are left over low carb at all? Surprise, surpriseâ€¦ there are some very delicious recipes.
The following recipe is my personal creation, bringing together some of my favourite ingredients.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â INGREDIENTS
- 150 g grounded almonds
- 6 eggs
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch-ground bourbon-vanilla
- Â½ tsp cinnamon
- 60 g pistachios
- 2 limes
- 500 g mascarpone
- 100 g stevia
- Butter for the baking pan
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â INSTRUCTIONS
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Cake paste:
- Preheat oven to 175Â°C circulation air.
- Wash the orange and lemon with warm water, dry them and grate the rind.
- Squeeze the orange.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk, season with a pinch of sea salt, and beat the egg white until stiff.
- Stir yolk with vanilla-bourbon and stevia until creamy. Mix in grounded almond, grated orange and lemon rind, cinnamon and orange juice.
- Mix the beaten egg white slowly with the almond paste.
- Place the almond paste onto the baking tray (which is sprinkled with butter) and leave it in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on the oven).
- After it has finished baking, remove the cake and let it sit until cooled.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Mascarpone Cream:
- Wash one lime with warm water, dry and grate the rind then squeeze it.
- Mix the chopped pistachios, mascarpone, stevia, lime rind and lime juice.
- Let the crÃ¨me sit until the cake has cooled.
- Finally, spread the cream all over the cake and decorate it with slices of limes and chopped pistachios (instead of the limes you could also use some whipped cream).
Cheers with sunbeams.