To have perishable food leftover before leaving for vacations is a common problem. This time I had plenty of zucchinis and tomatoes so I decided to make Zoodles with a tomato pesto. Also not bad to eat something healthy before a week of delicious and often excessive vacation dinning habits.
The dish turned out very good…definitely something I will cook again.
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
- 8 zucchinis
- A handful pine nut
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- 150 g feta cheese
- A handful fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. Basil oil
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- Twist the zucchinis through the spiralizer to get Zoodles. Alternatively, you can also use a peeler.
- Add the zucchini noodles with some olive oil to the pan, season them with salt and pepper and cook them until the zucchini has a soft bite.
- Meanwhile, put the fresh basil, tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts and the basil oil into a bowl and mix it – add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the Tomato Pesto into the fridge until you need it.
- Serve the Zoodles with the pesto and some feta cheese.
Cheers with sunbeams.